Sunday, May 15 – An All Day Event
Update: RSC is offering special discounts to Studio regulars and Club Members:
>> Studio Regulars: receive a 25% discount on the $40 Ride Ticket
>> Club Members receive a 50% discount on the $40 Ride Ticket
RSC is covering the difference for you. Come out and ride with us; we have a 50-mile loop! And a fund 9-mile town loop, too.
Now, onto the event details:
Join us in supporting Team Rialto - of Rialto Restaurant - and the Pan-Mass Challenge on May 15 for an all day fundraising event at the Studio. The event name, “ride.reception.raffle.” says it all: great rides, big reception, and an incredible raffle.
When: Sunday, May 15, 2011 beginning at 11:00 am and running into the evening
Where: Ride Studio Cafe
Why: Lots of reasons: enter the raffle for an opportunity to win a custom titanium Seven Cycles bike and many other fantastic raffle items; good rides, great people, Rialto food, and fundraising for an important cause.
Don't forget to RSVP.
The event will feature:
Three Rides on Sunday, May 15
- 11:00 am: A 50-mile ride, averaging 14-16 mph through some beautiful and lightly traveled roads. Be ready by 10:45 am for the pre-ride meeting. We’ll have printed ride cue sheets and gpx files available.
- 11:15 am: A challenging and fast 16-18 mph training ride of 50-miles led by the Studio – to help continue your PMC training! Be ready by 11:00 am for a pre-ride meeting. We’ll have printed ride cue sheets and gpx files available.
- 3:30 pm: A 5-10 mile fun and scenic ride led by chef Jody Adams and Team Rialto. Be ready by 3:15 pm for a pre-ride meeting. We’ll have printed ride cue sheets for everyone.
Starting at 2:30 pm and running throughout the afternoon, we’ll be featuring clinics that include:
- How to change a flat tire in under 5-minutes.
- Ensuring that your bike is ready for the PMC or any ride: Performing a bike safety check and determining if the bike requires service.
- Tuning derailleurs for easier shifting.
Evening Reception & Raffle
Starting at 5:00 pm, after the rides and clinics, we invite all ticket holders to a Team Rialto reception featuring:
- Special guest speaker, Billy Starr, PMC's founder and executive director.
- A rare raffle where you can win some impressive prizes - see below for details
- Rialto bites and drinks.
- Opportunity to talk with Team Rialto and learn more about the PMC.
Evening Raffle Prize Details
All of the raffle items are valued well over the ticket price of $100. Some prizes include:
- Custom bicycle from Seven Cycles: a titanium Axiom S custom ride with SRAM Rival components – a $5,400 value; upgrades available
- Two spots in a Cooking Class with Chef Jody Adams and a signed copy of her cookbook In the Hands of a Chef: Cooking with Jody Adams of Rialto Restaurant
- Multi-session bike fitting at RSC – a $220 value
- Private cooking class with Kathy Bechtel of Italiaoutdoors
- Bike tune-up and overhaul by RSC - a $220 value
- 4-course dinner with wine pairings for you and three friends at Rialto
- RSC Club Membership – a $250 value
We’ve got more prizes to come – you have to be at the event to find out what they are. Ticket holders have a guaranteed 1 in 10 chance to win! We’re going to announce some raffle winners at the Studio event on Sunday and then the remaining winners a week before the PMC; the winner of the custom bike will be announced on August 1.
To purchase tickets for the Ride and Reception - $40 - click here, scroll down and click on the first "PayPal" link.
To purchase raffle tickets - $100, includes Ride and Reception - click here, scroll down and click on the second "PayPal" link. You can purchase as many raffle tickets as you’d like; and it increases your odds of winning one of the amazing prizes.
Don’t miss this event that has so many reasons to participate! We hope to see you on Sunday.
A big THANK YOU to Team Rialto’s sponsors: