Join us for a Bikes Not Bombs fundraising Event at the Studio!
The Kickoff Event
- Thursday, September 1 from 7:00 PM - 9:30 PM.
- At the Studio 1720 Mass Ave. Lexington, MA 02420.
- Enjoy some beer donated by Harpoon Brewery.
- Talk bikes with Matt Bracken and Matt Simpson from Pedro’s.
- Hear from elite racer and BNB Board Member, David Wilcox, who raced on one of the Cielos last season.
- Learn more about Bikes Not Bombs work and how you can get involved.
- Separate from the auction, we'll also have a raffle at the event. Tickets are $5 each; 3 for $10!
- This event is free and open to the public so bring your friends!
- Check out the Cielo cross bikes and place a bid online, starting at 7pm on 1 September.
- Cielo handbuilt steel frame and fork
- Size: 54cm (seat tube measured from the center of the bottom bracket to the top of the top tube)
- Full Ultegra 10x2 drivetrain
- Mavic Askium Race wheelset
- Chris King headset
- TRP Eurox brakes
- Maxxis Raze tires
These Cyclocross bikes were custom-made by Chris King for Pedro’s 2010 Elite Cylcocross team and are worth over $2,500 each! We’ll start the bidding at only $1!
Will begin on September 1st on eBay. Check back to this page for the link when the auction goes live. The auction will close on September 10th. If you are in the Boston area, we also encourage you to stop by our Bike Shop to see the bikes in person. BNB received these bikes as a donation from Pedro's, 100% of the sale price will go to fund our Youth Programs and International Programs!
How did BNB come upon such stunning bicycles? When Pedro’s was looking for great bikes for their 2010 Elite Cylcocross teams, they decided to stir up the passions of each coast by having their West Coast Team race on bikes made on the East Coast (Circle A’s) and their East Coast Team race on bikes made on the West Coast (Chris King Cielos).
After the season ended, Pedro’s donated two of these custom-made Cielo cross bikes to Bikes Not Bombs and we are excited to announce that they will be auctioned online! The bikes are each valued at over $2,500 but we’ll start the bidding at only $1! All of the proceeds will support Bikes Not Bombs’ work using the bicycle as a vehicle for social change, both locally and globally.
If you have any questions please contact Allie Hunter, Director of Grassroots Fundraising & Events at email@example.com.