Travel to Mallorca with RSC and Punto Tours in 2015
Mallorca is the perfect place to shake out the winter and get some solid, glorious riding in early season. While it's still cold in Boston, Mallorca is typically in the 70s with blue skies and the roads are ideal for cyclists with huge bike lanes and few cars. In 2014, we traveled to Mallorca with Punto Tours and our local favorite guide, Cristiano Bonino. Everyone loved the tour so much, we decided to offer it again in 2015 at the same time of year.
Highlights of Mallorca Include:
- It's an ideal place for early-season training and fitness building
- Soak up the sun in an already-warm Mediterranean island
- Savor Spanish cuisine with tapas, local olive oil and wines
- Log ~320 miles and 28,000 feet of elevation gain during the trip
- Exhilarating rides on the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Serra de Tramuntana
- Ride across Mallorca with beautiful coastal views and pristine landscape inland
- Experience a real cyclist paradise with plenty of other groups of riders from all over the world
- Learn about local history and traditions
- Explore small villages inland and a coastal town with Roman remnants
- Top guides (which include Cristiano) make the experience more fun with their sense of humor and professionalism
- A group no larger than 17 people
April 12-18th, 2015
- Registrations made through November 15, 2014:
- €1,450 (in today's dollars, this is a very reasonable ~$1838) & includes a free RSC custom-embroidered Rapha jersey (a $250 value)
- Registrations after November 15th:
- €1,600 & RSC-jersey is an additional €85
Terrain and Riding Level
- Mountainous terrain treats riders to 28,000 feet of climbing. This averages out to 4,670 feet of climbing per ride.
- The trip is geared toward riders who are comfortable riding 50-60 mile rides during the in-season at a 13+ mph pace.
- The trip assumes everyone is going in after a long winter! Don't worry if you're not as fit as you'd like to be going in.
- Everyone rides at his/her own pace. It's a supported trip so all are supported and are free to ride within one's ability.
More details and registration is located on the Punto Tours website. Questions? Email us: email@example.com. We'll answer your question and gladly connect you with professional guide and Mallorca specialist Cristiano Bonino.
More beautiful Photos of our Mallorca 2014 trip are available at our Flickr page.