Ride Dusk to Dawn for the Fullest Night of Fun
Mixed Terrain Riding Just Became Even More Full of Adventure
We're getting ready for another great ride from Overland Base Camp (OBC): The Dusk to Dawn Ride. We've hosted two rides for OBC so far this year -- the Diverged Ride and the Maneha 250. Both have been big successes. If you missed either of these rides don't miss the Dusk to Dawn Ride.
- What: As the name stipulates: Riding from dusk to dawn. In addition to night riding, this is a mixed terrain about 50% of the ride will be pavement and 50% on dirt: dirt roads, singletrack, fire roads, goat paths, and other terra incognita. The Dusk to Dawn offers two distances and levels of challenge.
- When: June 20 & 21, 2015. From sunset on Saturday through sunrise on Sunday. You can be home on Sunday before 9am or earlier!
- Where: Heading out from here Ride Studio Cafe in Lexington, MA. Almost two-thirds of the way through the ride we'll meet at a big fire for a late dinner - and an electronics recharging station.
- What you'll need: Bikes, lights, dirt tires, GPS units, SPOTs, and lots of food.
- Why: It has to be done. Night riding in the summer is about as good as it gets.
- How: Register at Bikereg.com
We hope you'll join us for this unique event!
Questions? Email Overland Base Camp.
Multiple Ride and Participation Options:
- Continuous: Ride the full 90-mile route without sleep.
- Campout: Ride the first 55-miles and then campout -- sleepover -- at the fireplace. We have tent options and wet weather options. OBC hauls your camping gear, a change of clothes, and whatever else you want at the big fire.
- Teams consisting of 3 - 6 riders: Each team member starts and finishes the Dutodari together; you get to roll through the night together.
- Distance: Two options: About 90-miles and about 55-miles
- Elevation Gain: About 6,500 feet for the 90-miler
- Terrain: Mixed. 50% dirt; 50% pavement
- Geography: Suburban and some urban
- Territory: From deep woods to well-traveled roads
- Sky: Dark
For those that sign up very soon there are still a few Dawn to Dusk custom-made caps left for early registrants. When they're gone, they're gone.
We hope to see you at the Dawn to Dusk Ride! #d2dride #overlandbasecamp