Bikepacking Adventure Riding - a How-To Clinic
Rob Vandermark and Patria Lanfranchi have done a lot of bikepacking and they want to share their experiences with you. They've bikepacked in a variety of ways, to many different places, have tried a lot and know what works and what doesn't. Come listen to their talk and bring your questions!
March 2 Update: This session has filled to capacity. We are taking waitlist registrations in case of cancelations.
- March 3, 7pm at Ride Studio Cafe
- Free, all are invited. Please RSVP below so we have a seat and appetizers for you.
Here is a partial list of what they'll cover:
- Bike setup and parts selection
- Packing system methodology
- Sleep systems
- Shelter systems
- Cooking systems and food management
- Water management and treatment
- Light systems
- Electronics management: solar, generator, battery systems
- Ways to travel with your bike
- Wildlife encounter management
- Weather and climate management: From 20 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit. From snow to days of rain to endless summer sun.
- Bike maintenance on-route — and preventive maintenance: What to carry with you and what never to use on your bike
- Routing methodology
- How to get started on your first bikepacking adventure.
- Review of upcoming bikepacking trips you can take part in!
- There will be ample time for Q&A
<a href="https://ridestudiocafe.formstack.com/forms/registration" title="Online Form">Online Form - Ride/Event Registration</a>